Schonstedt GA-72Cd Magnetic Locator
- Unmatched sensitivity allows you to find what you're looking for quickly without the risk of passing over your target.
- Schonstedt locators last 100% to 250% longer than other brands making your investment a solid one.
- Audio signal and 3-digit LCD readout.
- Rugged, reliable and a 7-year warranty
Schonstedt GA72-Cd Manual
Schonstedt GA72-Cd Parts Design
Quality Is Our Hallmark
Schonstedt's underground magnetic locators have been setting the standards for reliability and dependability for over 30 years. They are designed to withstand the rigors of daily on-site usage and a wide range of environmental conditions. In fact, the Model GA-72Cd is backed by a 7-year warranty.
The GA-72Cd Locator detects the magnetic field of iron and steel objects as well as energized power lines. It provides audio detection signals that peak in frequency when the locator's tip is held directly over the target. The GA-72Cd has the option of nulling or peaking.
Only Two Controls
Designed for one-hand operation, the On/Off-Sensitivity and Volume controls are located on the underside of the cover on both locators. This provides easy access, protects the knobs and contributes to overall ruggedness and dependability.
The GA-72Cd also has easy-to-read digital and bar graph which displays signal strength and polarity. Once you have located a target using the audio signal, the digital readout and polarity indicators will help you visually pinpoint the target and, in some instances, even determine its orientation.
Signal Strength and Polarity Indications
The GA-72Cd's audio signal and the 3-digit LCD readout will peak, and the (+) or (-) bar graph will expand to full scale when its tip is directly over a vertical iron pipe. One end of a horizontal target will be (+) and the other will be (-). This difference is very significant because it helps distinguish between vertical and horizontal pipes.
With the GA-72Cd you can select any one of four sensitivity settings. The GA-72Cd's LCD bar graph shows the selected gain and the battery status. The GA-72Cd's headset jack can be connected to your data logger using a standard stereo audio plug.
Choice of Two Audio Modes
The GA-72Cd is configured initially to provide an audio signal that is always present (Audio Output switch set to "B"). If you do not want to hear a signal until the locator is within the detection range of a target, you can set the Audio Output Switch to "A".
The GA-72Cd comes with a custom case designed to withstand the rigors of field use.
Specifications & Features
Schonstedt Trade-In Form (.pdf file to print and fill out)
- Seven-Year Warranty
- Enhanced target definition
- Unsurpassed detection range
- Piezoelectric speaker
- Clear, sharp detection signal pinpoints the target
- Five individual sensitivity settings
- No response to aluminum, brass or copper
- Ease of operation reduces search time
- With experience, user can distinguish between small pieces of scrap iron and actual targets
- 40-hours operation (intermittent usage) on two 9-volt batteries
- Modular construction
- High performance components
- Weighs approx. 2½ lbs.
- Weather protected controls
- Rugged lightweight case
- Patented HeliFlux® sensors