Avongard Crack Width Gauge
Using the Crack Width Gauge
Selecting a location where the edges of the crack are reasonably straight and parallel, hold the Crack Width Gauge in contact with the crack (at right angles to the crack).
Align the Crack Width Gauge where the calibration and the crack are the same width. Record the width, length and location of the crack.
Larger and Corner Cracks
The scale at the bottom of the gauge may be used to measure crack widths greater than 7mm and cracks in corners or awkward locations.
- The Crack Width Gauge is manufactured in polycarbonate.
- The co-efficient of linear thermal expansion is 7.0x10-5 cm/cm/oC for ambient temperatures between -30 Degrees C to +30 Degrees C.Suitable for internal and external use.
- Scale calibrated from end of Crack Width Gauge allows measuring of cracks in corners.
- Supplied in a protective case.
- Manufactured to conform to BS EN ISO 9001:2000.