180 Degree Mini Prisms
The RSMP180, RSMP280 and RSMP380 are rotatable mini prisms available in 12.7mm, 17.5mm, and 25.4mm sizes and protected by a rugged plastic housing system. These mini prisms can go where other survey prisms can’t, including glass and marble facades, historic buildings, steel beams, rails, gas and oil pipelines, etc. Simply glue or fix the prism in place with dowels and screws.
When used with robotic total stations, surveyors can take permanent settling measurements can be carried out during construction and settling measurements are possible on railway tracks while under the load of rail traffic. These prisms can be aligned accurately with the measuring instrument and turned in a radius of 180°, making it possible to use the same survey point from different directions. For even greater efficiency, several prisms can be combined with using its integrated connector system, making it possible to survey from different directions without having to adjust the prism.
- The RSMP180 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 150 to 250 meters.
- The RSMP280 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 400 to 500 meters.
- The RSMP380 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 600 to 700 meters.
Ranges are dependent on the device and can be adversely affected by weather and environmental conditions.
When sighting measuring points that are already known with robotic total stations, these prisms can achieve ranges of up to 1000 meters. Depending on the focus, ranges of approximately 200 meters are achieved for measurements in manual mode.
- RSMP190 (12.7 mm mini prism) offset: -10 (minus 10), height of tilting axis: 30 mm
- RSMP290 (7.5 mm mini prism) offset: -10 (minus 10), height of tilting axis: 30 mm
- RSMP390 (25.4 mm mini prism) offset: -16.9 (minus 16.9), height of tilting axis: 30 mm
Rothbucher Prism White paper