Magnetic Survey Prisms
In addition to easy installation using adhesive or plugs and screws, the RSMP190, RSMP290 and RSMP390 survey prisms are also available with a special magnetic base for affixing to steel structures.
When used with tachometers and robotic total stations, these prisms can be accurately aligned with the measuring instrument and turned in a 180º radius, enabling surveyors to use the same survey point from different directions. Permanent settlement measurements can be carried out more efficiently during construction without needing to change survey points. Available enhancements include a stainless steel fixed point (RSFP-X90) for reliable, precise recovery at a prior position, a protective cap (RSPC10M), and a metal cube for magnetic protective cap attachment in hard-to-reach places (RSPC50).
- The RSMP190 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 150 to 250 meters.
- The RSMP290 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 400 to 500 meters.
- The RSMP390 in ATR mode can operate in a range of 600 to 700 meters.
Ranges are dependent on the device and can be adversely affected by weather and environmental conditions.
When sighting measuring points that are already known with robotic total stations, these prisms can achieve ranges of up to 1000 meters. Depending on the focus, ranges of approximately 200 meters are achieved for measurements in manual mode.
- RSMP190 (12.7 mm mini prism) offset: -10 (minus 10), height of tilting axis: 45 mm
- RSMP290 (7.5 mm mini prism) offset: -10 (minus 10), height of tilting axis: 45 mm
- RSMP390 (25.4 mm mini prism) offset: -16.9 (minus 16.9), height of tilting axis: 45 mm