Magnetic Radio Frequency Identification Location System
- Locate quickly
- Positively identify
- Helps prevent costly damage to your underground utility assets
Underground assets can be tangled and complicated, especially in cities. This means, of course, that utility locating can be complicated. And technologically speaking, utility locating has been a stagnant sector for decades – pipe and cable locators, based on detection of induced frequencies, have been around since the 1950’s, and haven’t changed much.
But there is one exciting innovation in underground asset location: magnetic radio frequency identification or RFID markers. Placed at key asset points, Berntsen International’s patent pending InfraMarkers, based on the unique synergy between passive magnetic locating and passive battery-free read/write RFID technology, enable precise subsurface utility location and asset verification that is very fast, secure,
and as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Combining the speed and precision of magnetic locating with the security of RFID identification is revolutionizing underground utility location. And the InfraMarker system helps with a lot more than location; it’s also bringing speed and security into the GIS/IT office.
InfraMarker RFID Magnetic Marking System Video
RFID-READ IN HOURS: THE INFRAMARKER DESKTOP & MOBILE APPLICATIONS
The whole point of RFID markers is to store useful information in the field – like type of utility, asset type, marker depth, utility depth, nearby utilities, intersections, hazards, ID numbers, etc., even records for land asset or parcel management – right on the marker.
InfraMarker provides an easy-to-use, Windows-compatible system that you can use in the field and office. The GIS/IT departments can quickly commission RFID markers with your preferred system data map or “schema” right in the office. Field technicians can use the same system “schema” to identify and update RFID markers in the field. You can even have multiple utilities and multiple schemas and tell which markers belong (or don’t belong) to which utility group.
FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM INCLUDE:
- Easily import .CSV file or Excel spreadsheet information
- Tag data map or schema formats are user-defined – you decide what’s important
- Compatible with other Trimble/ThingMagic products
- No time-consuming software development kit (SDK) learning or code writing is needed; the InfraMarker system is ready to go without code or customization
- Read and update tag data in the field, without digging up markers
- 64 Characters of extended data in addition to the tag “ID” number
- Minimum 2 alphanumeric characters per field
- Import/export GIS data available
- Works with office computer hardware you may already own. Just load InfraMarker desktop software, develop your data map schema, and add a USB Trimble/ThingMagic RFID reader. Connect the USB cord and start commissioning your RFID tags.
- Works with field computer hardware you may already own, like Trimble’s Nomad Computer, a Trimble/ThingMagic RFID reader and InfraMarker software to your Nomad 6.1 Windows Mobile computer. Just attach the reader, connect the USB cord and read/write your commissioned tabs in the field.
- InfraMarker software Mobile applications can even be deployed on some qualified Android smartphones. Just add Berntsen’s InfraMarker Mobile RFID Reader with Trimble/ThingMagic inside. It connects via Bluetooth … no USB cord needed.
- The unique InfraMarker Mobile RFID Reader even connects to some dashboard/truck-mounted field computers like Trimble YUMA (Windows) as well as qualified field computers running Windows Mobile. That’s versatile hardware and software!
- InfraMarker operates on the standard Class 1 Gen 2 RFID frequency for all assets.
RFID is a mature technology that has already simplified the management of inventory and assets in fields as diverse as aerospace, military logistics, manufacturing, retail, and shipping. Berntsen International’s rugged, easy-to-use InfraMarker Magnetic/RFID markers work together with proven Trimble/ThingMagic RFID technology and InfraMarker’s field and office software solutions to bring RFID convenience and power to the management of underground utility and virtually any other GIS assets.
InfraMarker Software for Commissioning RFID Tags
Berntsen InfraMarker Brochure
Berntsen InfraMarker RFID System in the News...
The RFID Infrastructure Marking System
Locating & Identifying underground utilities
just got a whole lot easier.
Download Brochure PDF
The InfraMarker System is available exclusively from Berntsen International, Inc., a Wisconsin Society of Professional Engineers - Governor’s New Product/Innovation Award winning company (twice!) with numerous patented products specified by public utilities, federal, state, county, and city government agencies, military, and engineering firms world wide for nearly forty years.
POB Magazine - March 2012 issue features Berntsen's InfraMarker RFID System for locating and identifying underground utilities.
An RFID infrastructure marking system simplifies the location and mapping of underground utilities. By Christine L. Grahl
Auburn University Whitepaper
Adding InfraMarker Technologies to GPS Technologies leads to Effective Recovery of Facilities by Matthew Donaldson, MBA student, Auburn University
To discuss how your company or organization can benefit from the InfraMarker RFID system please contact 1-877-686-8550.