Survey Markers from Berntsen
Thank you for choosing Berntsen survey markers for rebar. For over 40 years Berntsen has worked to continuously improve and develop our products and service to exceed your needs. Exclusive features of our metal survey markers & rebar caps include:
Berntsen Survey Markers Installation Instructions Video
- Super-tough, cold forged, aluminum and bronze alloys that will not bend or break
- SureGrip™ plastic insulator that makes removal from the rebar nearly impossible and protects the cap from dissimilar metal corrosion
- Survey markers can be customized with text, numbers & center marks.
How to install Berntsen Survey Markers
Tools: Berntsen suggests these tools to help with your installation.
Pre-Installation: Save time in the field with a little preparation in your shop.
- Cut your rebar to your desired length using a hacksaw or power press.
- Remove any burrs and/or mushrooming on the end that will be receiving the survey marker
- For maximum grip, bevel the end of the rebar that will be receiving the survey marker
Installing the Rebar:
With a felt-tip permanent marker, place a mark about 1½" from the end of the rebar. This mark will be your guide to assure the cap is tightly and completely seated on the rebar.
Drive your rebar to the desired depth. Remember to leave enough rebar to install the survey marker.
Installing the Survey Marker:
To restrict any "sinking" of the rebar into the ground when applying the survey marker, clamp a vice-grip pliers to the rebar at ground level. The handle of the pliers will prevent the rebar from sinking into the soil as you drive on the survey cap.
Some surveyors pre-install the survey marker onto the rebar prior to entering the field and then drive the rebar and marker assembly with a dead-blow hammer.
Once you have your rebar and cap to the desired depth your installation is complete.